Exploring Water Issues
Date: 02/26/11 8:00 am - 02/26/11 3:30 pm
Location: The SEA Lab 1021 N. Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
COSEE West, Target Science, and the SEA Lab present a FREE educator workshop co-sponsored by Boeing. This workshop is part of both the COSEE West and Target Science 2010-2011 workshop series Exploring Water Issues, hosted by the SEA Lab. This workshop will include:
- Participants engage in select morning activities:
- Kayak and give input on Plastics/Plankton Curriculum (space is limited) OR pick two of the following:
- Native Plants and what it takes to run a nursery;
- Abalone - working toward recovery through aquaculture;
- Algalita Marine Research Foundation, analyzing plastics in plankton samples; and
- West Basin: Desalinization - what does the future hold for supplying water needs?
- Time devoted for collaboration on how to take these science-rich experiences into the classroom.
- A lecture at 1:30pm by Dr. John Dorsey, Loyola Marymount University, who will share current research and restoration efforts in the local wetlands.
Dr. John Dorsey is an Associate Professor and Chair, Marine Biology and Pollution Ecology at Loyola Marymount. He received his PhD from the University of Melbourne, Australia. His lecture will address his recent work about the water quality ecosystem of our local wetlands and future restoration activities.
Contact Name: COSEE West office
Contact Phone: (310) 206-8247
Contact Email: email@example.com
Return to Archived Event List