Communicating Ocean Sciences Instructors' Workshop
Date: 08/08/11 8 am - 08/10/11 2 pm
Location: Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley, CA
Presented by COSEE California and The Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley
About the 2.5–Day Workshop
This Instructors' Workshop is designed for scientist and science educator teams that plan to team teach the undergraduate and graduate courses, COS-K12 and COSIA. Participants will be introduced to each of the class sessions. During the workshop, we will provide you with:
- Complete syllabus and instructor's guide;
- A full set of curricula for students to take into local classrooms or COSIA activity write-ups that students can use in informal learning environments;
- Correlations of course curriculum to pedagogy and National Science Education Standards;
- Sample documentation to get the course listed at your site; and
- Assistance to customize the syllabus for local settings and needs.
There is also ongoing technical assistance to ensure successful implementation of the course, including help to develop the documentation required by university campuses to get the course listed and approved.
The workshop will run from 8am to 5pm on the first two days, and 8am to 2pm on the third day.
For more information download the course Instructors' Workshop Flyer (Word, 291 KB) and Application and Registration Form (Word, 75 KB).
Please feel free to post our flyer at your institution.
Contact Name: Catherine Halversen
Contact Phone: 510-642-5008
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Archived Event List