Ocean Awareness Day - Focus on Climate Change
Date: 11/11/09 9:00 am - 11/11/09 4:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mount Children’s Museum & Science Center 207 Gay Street, Rocky Mount, NC
Attendance: Middle and high school science teachers
This free workshop is sponsored by the Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Program, COSEE Southeast, and the Rocky Mount Children’s Museum & Science Center.
Get answers to questions like:
- What is the difference between weather and climate?
- How might climate change impact North Carolina?
- What effects could climate change have on human health?
- What activities are available to help me incorporate climate change activities into my curriculum?
- What environmental education resources are available to me for free as a middle or high school science teacher in North Carolina?
Sign up early!
- Earn CEU credit and Criteria III credit towards the N.C. Office of Environmental Education’s EE Certification Program
- Free classroom resources correlated to the N.C. Standard Course of Study
- Guest speakers
- Door prizes & giveaways
- Planetarium show
- Lunch provided
To register: email your name, school, courses/grade levels taught, and any dietary restrictions to: email@example.com or call (919) 715-4196 (limit 20 participants).
Contact Name: Lori Brinn
Contact Phone: (919) 715-4196
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Archived Event List