Mysteries of Mapping Ontong Java Plateau
Join us as we discuss how scientists are mapping the remote Ontong Java plateau and contributing to tsunami planning for the area. Additionally, learn the secrets of feeding thirty scientists at sea for a month at a time.
- Professor Mike Coffin, Executive Director, Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies, University of Tasmania
- AJ Reyes, Graduate Student, University of Guam Marine Laboratory
- Mark Heckman, Education Specialist, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
- Amelia Travers, Graduate Student, Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies, University of Tasmania
- Carlos Waihrich, Chef, Schmidt Ocean Institute
All Things Marine is a popular talk radio show that highlights marine science and conservation, and is sponsored by COSEE Island Earth and the University of Hawaii Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology. Hosted by Carlie Wiener "the marine science gal", and former program manager for COSEE Island Earth, now communications manager for Schmidt Ocean Institute. Carlie interviews students and faculty from University of Hawaii and Federal partners in marine sciences and management to give local listeners a view into the issues and research currently being conducted in the Hawaiian Islands and elsewhere in the Pacific. The program has been running since May 2012 and educates about the most pressing marine science and conservation issues.
Contact Name: Carlie Wiener
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Archived Event List