Special Episode: 2014 Ocean Sciences Meeting
Today we have a jam packed episode with many participants and organizers involved with the biannual 2014 Ocean Sciences Meeting. Topics of interest include the planning of the meeting, the Ocean 180 Video Competition, Hawaiian Islands Science café, and the current research related to ocean acidification.
- Dr. Tracy Wiegner, Associate Professor of Marine Science, University of Hawaii Hilo
- Eric Tong, Graduate Student, Dept. of Oceanography, University of Hawaii
- Dr. Kaipo Perez, Ocean and Recreation Specialist with the City and County of Honolulu
- Mallory Watson, Scientist, COSEE Florida
- Emily Gonzales, Communications Graduate Assistant, COSEE Island Earth
- Dr. Richard Tankersly, Professor of Biological Sciences, Florida Institute of Technology, COSEE Florida
- Dr. Richard Feely, Senior Scientist, NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory & Affiliate Faculty School of Oceanography, University of Washington
All Things Marine is a popular talk radio show that highlights marine science and conservation, and is sponsored by COSEE Island Earth and the University of Hawaii Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology. Hosted by Carlie Wiener "the marine science gal", and former program manager for COSEE Island Earth, now communications manager for Schmidt Ocean Institute. Carlie interviews students and faculty from University of Hawaii and Federal partners in marine sciences and management to give local listeners a view into the issues and research currently being conducted in the Hawaiian Islands and elsewhere in the Pacific. The program has been running since May 2012 and educates about the most pressing marine science and conservation issues.
Contact Name: Carlie Wiener
Contact Email: email@example.com
Return to Archived Event List