Going Deep - Diving into Deep-Sea Research in Hawaii
Today's topic on All Things Marine will take listeners to depths that have just recently been explored. We are traveling to the deep sea via leading marine scientists from the University of Hawaii who are navigating and studying ocean depths rarely explored.
- Dr. Jeff Drazen, Associate Professor, Dept. of Oceanography, University of Hawaii
- Anela Choy, Ph.D. candidate in the Dept. of Oceanography, University of Hawaii
- Rachel Orange, Data Department Manager, Hawaii Undersea Research Lab, University of Hawaii
- Dr. John Wiltshire, Director, Hawaii Undersea Research Lab, University of Hawaii
- Dr. Craig Smith, Professor, Dept. of Oceanography, University of Hawaii
All Things Marine is a popular talk radio show that highlights marine science and conservation, and is sponsored by COSEE Island Earth and the University of Hawaii Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology. Hosted by Carlie Wiener "the marine science gal", and former program manager for COSEE Island Earth, now communications manager for Schmidt Ocean Institute. Carlie interviews students and faculty from University of Hawaii and Federal partners in marine sciences and management to give local listeners a view into the issues and research currently being conducted in the Hawaiian Islands and elsewhere in the Pacific. The program has been running since May 2012 and educates about the most pressing marine science and conservation issues.
Contact Name: Carlie Wiener
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Archived Event List