The Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE) Program
USA Science and Engineering Festival
April 27 - 29, 2012
Exhibition Hall Booth
View of the convention center floor during the USA Science and Engineering Festival
Location: Washington Convention Center (Washington, DC)
Dates: Friday, April 27 – Sunday, April 29
COSEE collaborated with the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Education Department staff to offer a hands-on oceanography themed booth. The booth was staffed by National COSEE Office staff and AGU Education staff. AGU donated graphic artist time and effort to create a custom graphic for the event, which also served as an organizing graphic for the activities offered in the booth.
The following print materials were available in the COSEE Booth:
- COSEE brochure
- COSEE and AGU@USASEF postcards with a link to 11 activities offered throughout the weekend. These activities, posted to the COSEE.net website, were intended to serve as hands-on examples representing various sub-disciplines within oceanography.
- Ocean Literacy brochures
- Hands-on oceanography activities postcards
- COSEE Hands-on activities CD
- Sound in the Sea CD and brochure
- Hurricanes and Society CD and brochure
- Hurricanes and Society webinar series flyer
- Ocean Gazing podcast CD
The USA Science and Engineering Festival attracted close to 200,000 attendees.