Improving Your Broader Impacts Workshop
Date: 06/14/11 - 06/14/11
Location: UW Fishery Sciences Building
COSEE OLC will collaborate with Washington Sea Grant to host this all day workshop at the University of Washington. The workshop is an expansion of the program offered in 2010 and provides a greater number of sessions related to broader impacts.
We are excited to have other COSEE centers join us as presenters including:
- COSEE NOW: Using Social Media Tools
- COSEE PP: Using Visual Data From Research and Concept Mapping
- COSEE AK, COSEE PP, COSEE OLC, OR Sea Grant and WA Sea Grant: How Northwest COSEEs and Sea Grants Can Assist with Broader Impacts
Workshop attendees will include scientists, faculty, post docs, staff, graduate students and members of outreach organizations from Western Washington and Oregon. Other session topics will include: *Communicating to the media, decision makers, K-12 students and lay audiences
- Using what you and your lab already do
- Existing opportunities, resources and support
- Using citizen science, program evaluation, and fellowship opportunities for graduate students engaged in education, outreach and post-doctoral teaching.
The workshop will conclude with a social networking opportunity for participants to meet with local and regional outreach organizations who will have displays and information on ways scientists can engage as part of their broader impacts.
Contact Name: COSEE NOW
Contact Phone: (206) 838-3916
Return to Archived Event List