Live from the Hiialakai - Reef Assessment Monitoring Program 2014
Join us as we connect live with scientists aboard the NOAA ship Hiialakai from the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands or the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument. We will talk about the 2014 Reef Assessment and Monitoring Program (RAMP) and what it is like to conduct fish surveys and dive in these remote, pristine waters.
- Scott Godwin, resource protection specialist, NOAA Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
- Toni Parras, communications manager, NOAA Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
- Kevin Lino, marine ecosystems research coordinator, NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center
- Dr. Courtney Couch, post-doctoral fellow, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology & The Nature Conservancy
- Dr. Kelly Gleason, maritime heritage coordinator, Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument
All Things Marine is a popular talk radio show that highlights marine science and conservation, and is sponsored by COSEE Island Earth and the University of Hawaii Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology. Hosted by Carlie Wiener "the marine science gal", and former program manager for COSEE Island Earth, now communications manager for Schmidt Ocean Institute. Carlie interviews students and faculty from University of Hawaii and Federal partners in marine sciences and management to give local listeners a view into the issues and research currently being conducted in the Hawaiian Islands and elsewhere in the Pacific. The program has been running since May 2012 and educates about the most pressing marine science and conservation issues.
Contact Name: Carlie Wiener
Contact Email: email@example.com
Return to Archived Event List