The Ocean Literacy Campaign
The Consortium for Ocean Science Exploration and Engagement (COSEE) 2016 Webinar Series will engage participants with experts to discuss examples of COSEE’s effective practices and activities.
Date: 03/22/16 12:00 PM Eastern
Attendance: Educators, scientists, and interested parties
The Ocean Literacy Campaign is a wide-ranging, collaborative, and de-centralized effort by scientists and educators to build a more ocean literate society. This grassroots effort resulted in a definition of "ocean literacy", which is guiding efforts to incorporate ocean science into classrooms and public venues and is assisting ocean scientists with communicating research findings more effectively in a broader public context. During the Ocean Literacy Campaign webinar, experts who were part of the initial ocean literacy movement and are working to integrate related activities both nationally and globally will provide overviews and updates on the campaign.
COSEE will continue to offer more webinars as part of its 2016 series. Stay tuned for more information about these upcoming topics:
- Peter Tuddenham, College of Exploration, Sterling, VA
- Craig Strang, Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Ana Noronha, Pavilhão do Conhecimento – Ciência Viva | Pavilion of Knowledge - Ciência Viva, Lisbon, Portugal
- May 2016: Professional Development for Graduate Students
- July 2016: Strategies for Cultural Inclusiveness and Diversity for Ocean Science Education
Contact Name: Andrea Gingras
Contact Phone: (401) 874-6524
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Archived Event List