Marine Science in the Morning Lecture Series
Date: 01/13/16 - 03/23/16
Location: St Lucie County Aquarium, 420 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, FL
Attendance: Adults and seniors
Join us biweekly on Wednesday mornings for a lecture series sponsored by COSEE Florida. Doors will open at 8:30am and the lectures begin at 9:00am, so arrive early to enjoy coffee and light refreshments beforehand!
- Communication in Reef Fishes with Mike Robinson of Barry University (January 13, 2016)
- Caribbean Coral Reef Ecosystems: A Look at the Smithsonian’s 40-year History in Belize with Scott Jones of Smithsonian Marine Station (January 27, 2016)
- Filter-feeders in the Indian River Lagoon with Jessica Lunt of Smithsonian Marine Station (February 10, 2016)
- Growth in Red Snapper Following the Deepwater Horizon Spill with Elizabeth Herdter of University of South Florida (February 24, 2016)
- Measuring Reef Architecture Using 3D Imaging Technology with Elizabeth Salewski of University of South Florida (March 9, 2016)
- Hitchhiking, Hopping, and Creeping: Dispersal Strategies of Marine Invertebrates with Judy Winston of Smithsonian Marine Station (March 23, 2016)
Lectures take place at the St Lucie County Aquarium (420 Seaway Drive) and are FREE with paid aquarium admission ($4 adults, $3 seniors). Advance registration is required as space is limited. Please call or email the Education Office to register.
Contact Name: Education Office
Contact Phone: (772) 465-3271
Contact Email: smseducation@si.
Return to Archived Event List