COSEE-PP Summer 2009 Community College Faculty Institute: Marine Biology
Date: 07/20/09 - 07/24/09
Location: Oregon Institute of Marine Biology in Charleston, Oregon
Attendance: Community college faculty who teach marine biology or who are interest in developing a marine biology course, and faculty who wish to incorporate marine topics into their biology or environmental science courses.
The purpose of COSEE-Pacific Partnerships 2009 Community College Faculty Institute is to:
- Provide community college faculty with knowledge about marine habitats with a focus on the Pacific Northwest.
- Provide classroom-ready materials and field and laboratory activities related to the topics.
- Establish a network of community college faculty that teach marine science.
Each day will include a presentation on the topic by scientists who study the habitat, a field trip, and curriculum materials, including a lab exercise that could be used in a community college course. View topic details here.
- July 20 Estuaries
- July 21 Rocky Shores
- July 22 Open Ocean
- Evening Seminar: Ocean Acidfication
- July 23 Deep Sea; Ocean Bacteria
- July 24 Islands and Seamounts
Each participant will receive a $500 stipend, room and board, and class materials. Transportation to the Institute is the responsibility of the participant.
Applications are due May 8, 2009
Download application (Word, 270 KB)
Submit completed application
Contact Name: Coral Gehrke
Contact Phone: 541-888-2581 x236
Contact Email: email@example.com
Return to Archived Event List